Welcome to our telescope lending service. Thanks to the Aldrich Astronomical Society’s Library Telescope Program, Thayer Memorial Library is now able to provide a loaner telescope to our borrowers. The goal of the Library Telescope Program is to help foster scientific literacy, stimulate an interest in astronomy, and provide people who have never looked through a telescope, the chance to experience the excitement that comes from discovery.
The Library’s Orion Starblast Telescope is to be used for viewing astronomical events, learning more about our solar system and the stars, developing a greater appreciation for the earth’s place in the universe, and for fun.
Tools to intriguing celestial sights:
- In the Sky This Month
- Sky & Telescope: Observing
- Astronomy Magazine: Observing
- Aldrich Astronomical Society
If you meet the eligibility requirements below and would like to initiate a request to borrow The Library’s Orion Starblast Telescope please fill out this Form.
- Borrowers must reside in Lancaster.
- Borrowers must have a borrowing history of at least 3 months and a Thayer Memorial Library account in good standing (i.e. not blocked by fines of $10.00 or more).
- Borrowers must be age 18, or older.