Magnets for Lancaster and surroundiing towns are available at the Library. They are $1.00 each.
Hand Painted Slates
Slate roofing tiles protected the old book stacks added to the Lancaster Town Library in 1888. During the 1997-98 renovation and expansion, the 1888 wing was demolished and replaced with an addition housing the Library collection, a story tower, meeting rooms, stairs, elevator and a rear entrance. The original roofing slates were stored in a dark corner of the Library basement. A group of local crafters paint these old slates with primitive images of the Library, the Town Green, or a village. These painted slates are available for sale. Through this fundraiser, the rescued slates continue to benefit Lancaster’s Thayer Memorial Library.
Order Forms are available at the Circulation desk or here.